1. Today should have been one of those great days and it wasn’t.
2. Tomorrow might be better.
3. My knees hurt like an old woman. It is the only part of this aging thing that worries me.
4. I worry way too much. Sometimes it keeps me up at night.
5. I’m pretty insecure, but I must be good at hiding it because no one ever suspects it of me.
6. Age is teaching me how not to be insecure. I think in my 40s I will learn freedom.
7. More than anything in the world I want to travel. I’ve traveled very little in my life.
8. I wish I were a better parent. I wish I were patient and more kind and didn’t not get mad at my kids so much.
9. I had a pretty traumatic childhood, which not many people know.
10. I never thought I’d live to be 21. I was hugely surprised to live through my 20s. Now I know I’m here to stay for a good long time.
11. I am an intensely loyal person. Outside of my immediate family, my friends are the most important things to me.
12. I went to a really, really good college and am still shocked by it.
13. Sometimes I get lonely.
14. I used to be a slob and for a slob I spend a lot of time cleaning. I can’t figure out if I’m still a slob or if I just have a husband and two kids.
15. I need to lose a ton of weight (okay, not a ton literally).
16. I love my work, but am afraid every day that I’m not very good at it.
17. When I was younger I just wanted to fall in love. Now I think I just want my own apartment.
18. I love food. I love flavor combinations and textures and culture identity through food. I love shopping for it and chopping (not as much) and cooking, but sometimes at the end of all that I don’t want to eat it. I like to eat other people’s food.
19. I can pass on sweet every time, but point me towards rich and I can’t stop.
20. I probably got married too young.
21. I’m tired of living in the Midwest and I miss water.
22. When I was a teenager I wore primarily black. I love black. I’ve recently gone back to it. I’m not a pink person. I’m not goth or punk or anything other than a black wearing n lovin woman.
23. It’s really easy for me to get dressed.
24. My husband is my best friend and I worry about him.
25. I am so glad that I didn’t do that Facebook Random Thoughts thing a few months back.. I sort of knew I might have to use it someday.
26. When I finally grow up I want to write. Well, I want to blend my days between gardening, drinking tea with my friends, teaching yoga and writing. I get a little bit closer every day.
27. Secretly I still think I’m in my 20s.
28. One of my favorite things about yoga is being barefoot.
29. My parents told me a lot of couldn’ts and I stubbornly, but successfully have proven them wrong many times.
30. As if someone who writes a blog really needs an outlet for Random Thoughts, I think I’ll do this again soon.
More to come….