It’s been awhile.
How’ve you been? Did you think I just disappeared? Sometimes it felt like it. It’s actually been a month since I blogged. I can’t believe it.
And I’m sorry.
Although there are only about ten people who read my blog, I’ve actually heard from quite a few of you asking what’s wrong and when I’m going to blog again. I’m really trying to get motivated.
October was tough. It’s one of my favorite months and it seemed to be very busy and it also seemed to go very fast. AND it seemed that every time I opened this page I couldn’t bring myself to write anything. Is that writer’s block? Well, it happens and I’m going to cut myself some slack and let it be okay. I have a few drafts in the works and a new idea. A November-centric idea.
The idea is about how to be a better blogger. At least for this month. Next month will probably present new problems. But this month is a whole month that we focus on gratitude. I mean…!!!!!!!!!
So today, it’s just five things I’m grateful for. I encourage you to write down your five. I thought, originally, that I’d post ten. That seemed like a lot of work. So, while I’m cutting myself some slack I’ll just focus on five. I think it’s important to be okay with your limitations. And I actually mean that. We’re heading into the land of “this year will be better than last year” and “our party is going to be the best ever” and of course, “I’ll prove/show everyone/grandma/mom/auntX that I know how to celebrate the season”. We’re heading into the season of expectations and I’m inviting you all to let it go. Just be happy. Be happy with five today.
So, here goes. Five things I’m grateful for Today.
1. My Flexible Schedule-that allows me to mop my floor in the middle of the day and have a beer with lunch.
2. Social Media-today I’ve reconnected with some old friends, twittered a go-go and blogged. 20 years ago I would have been sitting here alone mopping my floor.
3. Fall. I’m enjoying the colors. the temps, the sun blazing and even the soppy rainy days. Isn’t fall the soppiest time for rain? All that aside, it really is the best time of year.
4. My New Phone. I know, I shouldn’t love an inanimate object, but as I’ve blogged I’m not one of the tech elite. It doesn’t take much to make me happy. My phone lets me watch tv!!!!!! I don’t own a tv and I don’t want one on all day, but I like a little NCIS every once in awhile. My phone is also a Mp3 player, although I don’t use that function. It let’s me post on FB and Twitter. It’s really more kind to me than anyone I know.
5. My Students. Really, I know I’m getting cheezier and cheezier, but I have the best students. They let me slack when I’m feeling a slump, they challenge me to get out of my slump, they praise me and love me and help me feel inspired. They’re better than my kids who have taken to yelling at me and snubbing me. I honestly have the best students ever.
Wow! Again with the cheeze, but I feel better. I feel like I could possibly blog tomorrow. I feel like maybe I’ll look forward to it because this made me feel great. Try it. Write them down. Try writing down just one or two things you’re grateful for today. If you’re as ambitious as I am try five. And better yet, if you’re ready to tackle the world try 10.
I’m trying to slip this blog into a more yoga thematic blog and really, this is all about yoga. Gratitude is a yogic principal. One day I’ll blog again about family and I’ll put it up on Mamapedia.com. Cause y’know they asked me. And I’ve been struggling with how to focus blogging and Mampedia.com helped me.
I’ll let you know when I post more pictures of George’s injuries and perhaps Lucy will even let me take a picture of her that I can post someday.
Really, I guess I’m trying to say thank you. Thanks for letting me slack and loving me nonetheless. Thank you for coming here time after time and believing the promises I make.
Five things. That’s all it takes to have a better day.